Thursday, July 2, 2009

Surf 6/28



I took my day of rest and even got some good sleep for once... My apartment became a heat box for the past 2 weeks and I finally brought up an old air con I found in my parent's garage. What a life saver - I kicked that one on and it was good sleepy time! Had to bring my mattress into the TV room where "the box that make good air" was located.

Phil called me at 8am woke me up and suddenly I was on a surf trip!! We checked out Whiting but it was flat so somehow we piled 6 boards onto his mini van? It was TR, Phil, MC and I. We went to New Buffalo, Mi because they were supposed to have waves that were 4-6' .



We stopped in the Third Coast Surf Shop, they bought board bags and I talked to Jay Croft. He happened to be there with his wife. Jay is superdude and thanks again for all you do!!

Of course, my camera... I only got a few pics of the parking lot banter - look at MC waxing his board - oh what is that under his board? My board getting scratched up on the asphalt so his would not get scratched? You guessed it. Some people are just wired wrong... TR pointed out that there was grass just a few feet over and get your board off of Lou's you dumb shit!

We had to walk a ways to get to the beach, then swim across a boat channel and walk to a private beach where we could be in the water but not on the beach? Don't ask me... the waves sucked but given that it was 90 out and had been all week, it was nice to be in the water. I got up a few times but still suck at surfing. But it was fun and I like my board...

I was trying to stay out of everyone's way so my side had even worse waves... But all in all, I had a good time and the peeps rule!!




MC's mom had a BBQ and we crashed it (late of course). Luckily they had lots of food left over and TR did the cooking - steak and fresh tuna on the grille. Wowsa!

MC brought out his old skate mags and I took a couple pics of pics of Danforth and Fred Smith. cool!!!





1 comment:

mc said...

Winey bitch. I didn't wax on your board. I was taking them off the rack. I didn't even own any wax. Geese lou-ese.