Sunday, July 12, 2009

Northwest Day 3

We stayed in Billings in and hit the road around 9am. After a huge breakfast at Country Buffet of course! I personally like to have a good breakfast at least every other day on a trip like this. We pretty much eat crap, cheap dollar menu food to keep the costs down. But a good breakfast now and then makes things better.



We had a bit of a drive but the scenery is really getting good now. Cappetto is stoked on Montana! As I am and was last year. It is just such a shock to the system to experience life in an area like this. Living in the Midwest and being in Chicago all the time one's life can become a mess without even knowing it. The change is coming!

So Butte, MT rules. It is one of those underground parks in MT, but everybody seems to hit it up on the MT road trip. But the locals dog it. It is gnar and crazy and big but very compact. The pour is perfect but the waterfall in the pool sucks. Everything else is great. The other bowl is super gnar with a taco that doesn't know if it is oververt, vert or a bank. This bowl would be fun as hell if it weren't for the stream of water that runs through the big Burnside bank across the entire flat. bummer



This was the first day that I was on a skateboard for over a week. That has not happened since I went to Thailand in 2005. Well, I did sprain my ankle about two years ago but whatever... Anyway, it felt great to just glide around. I was pretty freaked. I thought that I would immediately get a cramp or my back would seize up and my next 4 weeks would be spent driving Cappetto around and not skating. Luckily that is not the case...



We spent about 2 hours in Butte. It is a great park to hit up for a short time and then cruise on down the road. But I would like to spend more time there... I really did not get to ride the pool like I had hoped but I just want to have a healthy back for the next weeks... So it is on to Dillon.

No comments: