Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 6 - Missoula to Sandpoint


We got up in the morning after a night on the town in Missoula. We walked around and checked out the sites and the peeps. There are lots of crazy bums in Missoula. Now I am not one to rip on the homeless. These peeps are for real. They are hobos with an attitude, try to start a fight with you on the street and heckle you? It's like, Chicago homeless are at least polite and say "god bless" regardless of weather you give them money... It's all an experience, I think if I lived there, I would hang with 'em. The all have stories to tell.

When we arrived to the park after a Donuts and coffee we realized that it was a grom-a-thon. They had a park district skate camp going on. Which was good for the kids, bad for us. Luckily we decided to sleep in a bit and the camp was about over. So I joyfully ate my cheap little chocolate donuts and drank some nice coffee. It was a peaceful wake up.



We bumped into a guy from Chicago, his name is Abe. He went to Columbia College and was a producer for WGN. He moved out to Missoula to do the same... Small world, he prolly knows my sister.

The session finally got going and I had some fun. I was getting frustrated about the extra flat again and the slickness. If you take a hard diagonal line and then try to push to the left or right, you are going down. I took a bunch of long slow carve lines in the flow and that seems to be the way to ride this park. I am used to tight layouts with rough surfaces that do not slide. It is all a learning experience.



I got to the point where I had lines and was about to start hurting myself and it was that pivot decision time. These mom's kept making comments about the kids without helmets and the swearing and the spitting, I was getting frustrated with them as they repeatedly watched their kids drop their boards into the deep end of the bowl and then run around to the shallow to buttslide down...

It was time to go, Cappetto was ripping the streetcourse and I had a quick bank session. I realized that they are super fun and should build some one day in my driveway. But first I have to get a driveway... Maybe when my sis buys a house, I'll show up for Ethan's B-day with a trowel, a concrete mixer, some bricks and a parking block...

No comments: