Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kokomo 6/23



Suddenly it gets so friggin' hot that I just have to skate even more!! the week of June 20 something temps rose to like 90+ with nasty humidity and relentless sun. The more I bitch about the weather the more I realize that I am a Chicagoin and that is all there is to it. We complain about the weather all the time because the weather always sucks here. But, I think that deep down I like the cold weather. At least much more than hot weather. Our hot weather is just as bad as the 40 below wind chill...




But I am a dummy and try to go skate in it anyway. Cappetto and I went out to Kokomo where there are not trees, no shade, no lake wind, no breeze... Man was it hot!! The advantage was that we had the park to ourselves. The disadvantage was that we nearly melted the skin off our bones... I drank at least a gallon and a half of water plus a 44oz slurpee, 3 or 4 cans of Lemonade, and a sweet tea, a green tea and about 40oz of coffee that day.. needless to say I did not lose any weight!

It was a good day though and we pushed through it and continued to shred for about 7 hours!!!! wow!




The pic of John with the 50/50 really speaks about how hot it was out there as well as our little make shift sun shelter...

No comments: