Saturday, July 25, 2009

Northwest Day 15, 16 - Seattle, WA

I was happy to be on the mainland. We hit up the park this morning and by back was doing much better. I just had to keep stretching it out and keeping it loose. That is all I can do so that is what I'll do. No more cool dude drop in and shred...



It was about 10:30 and I had sense enough to get a Ferry schedule this morning so we decided to get moving towards the Ferry port. Just to be sure we got on the 12:05. Because the next one was at 4:30. It took a good 25 minutes to get there so it was good that we left when we did. Luckily we had a good position in the staging area so my nerves were settled. I just get freaked about stuff like that, I'm always like that but on a trip it is even worse because you don't know what you are doing or where you are half the time. It wears on you.

We walked around and hung out with all the other Ferry riders and I got a really good salmon, cream cheese, bagel thing. D-lish! We got to the mainland Anacortes by 2:30 and all was well. Stopped for fuel, beef jerky and high calorie drinks and it was back on I-5.

We finally found a Pizza Hut and pigged out. After eating Budding beef for two days it was nice to have food. Pizza Hut is not the greatest but beggars can't be choosers, especially when John was buying. He had some kinds of gift card from work so we used it up. Wings and Pazzones makes for interesting bathroom trips!!

We hit up the Arlington park again as it was only minutes away. It is an interesting design, it has a big vert square bowl, a pipe/capsule and next to that is a round bowl with various pockets and hips facing the opposite way. I did not think much of the design until I rode it. It is smooth and fast. The capsule is pretty easy to get over vert in and the pipe part is big enough that it allows you to pump for speed and get to 10 o'clock without much stress (if ur a pro or something, I got to like 9:30....ha)




So, we did that for an hour or two, my back tried to snap a few times, I kept stretching and keeping it loose. Just have to get through this and all will be well again.

We moved on to Seattle and stayed with a very friend. Basically getting the backyard and killer resting place. thanks so much!!!!!

So we chilled on Friday night in a nice backyard with lots of trees and peacefulness in the middle of a big city. It was a good night sleep and we were off for more Saturday morning. We drove around for about an hour trying to find Marginal Way, which is a really cool under the bridge park like Burnside or Washington street. I was relying on my iphone google map thing we found out that the streets around here are pretty weird.



We did find a good coffee shop though and got some of Seattle's best. After more missed attempts, I just got on I-5 to 99 and found ourselves in Downtown Seattle within minutes. We cruised around and were trying to find the skatepark by the Space Needle. When we finally found it, unfortunately it was just a street spot so I tried to get a spot to park for a few minutes to get my brain together. I was a bit turned around after kind of wandering about in this cool city with steep hills, one way streets and strange directions.

We decided to try to find another park known as Lower Woodland skatepark in Seattle. As I got my phone nav set and handed it over to Cappetto, we had to stay put because a huge parade suddenly came down the street preceded by a motorcade of Chips or motorcycle cops. This day had been odd enough but now we had this nutty parade. So we waited and following were a bunch of crazed drivers trying to make up time for the parade delay. I let them go because I was being cautious...



SO I got into the center lane and moved on for about 2 blocks. I tried to merge to the left, looked into my mirror and all was good but then honk, crunch! I was like, great. So I pulled over, the lady was yelling at me, I said relax," I have insurance". She took my info, I was so pissed at myself and stunned that I forgot to get her info. And off we went. I must say I never have had a car accident before so this kinda really sucks. It was very minor, I just have a small Q-panel dent and some blue paint. She lost a reflector and some trim on her passenger front bumper. But what a pain. I just drove 5000 miles so I guess what are the odds. Every trip there has to be some kind of bad luck so hopefully this is it. Just another thing to take care of when I get back, I called the insurance peeps but they were off on Saturday so I'll have to wait 'till Monday.

Next up was

No comments: