Sunday, July 12, 2009

Northwest Day 3 Dillon, MT



We pointed the Fit south on RT 15 towards Dillon. This is a park that I did not get to check out last year. I arrived in Butte in the afternoon, skated then headed north.. I ended up sleeping in a cow pasture... that was a fun story.

This time, I am a little more seasoned with the camping but it is still difficult until you find the spot. Then it was easy... My plan was to check out some possible spots about a half hour south of Butte. The map gave us clues and it seemed simple. Exit 99 and it should be right there. Well, once again I drove off road for an hour up and down these mountain roads and jeep trails but no avail. The map read that there was a river but we couldn't get close enough from that exit.




We got back on the highway and drove for another 10 minutes and saw the spot from the road!! So, we got off at the next exit, exit 85 and through sheer instinct, found the camping spot! It was a good one too. Free, with a clean bathroom, an old bridge, a river and some fun hiking trails. We were stoked!! Pitched the tents, saved our spot and went on to Dillon.

Dillon is a nice little town in the southern part of Montana, probably only an hour from Yellowstone Nat'l park. (Which by the way, the river we stayed on was the Yellowstone river.) cool





The park is small and fun. It looks mega from the pics on the INTERTURD but when you get there it is like, ok - I can to something here for sure!! The main obstacle is the pipe that your roll over and under and snake around. The place is fast and is basically a snake run. There are a few of these out west but they are mostly something like 18-25' tall pipes with walls that range from 10-15'. Those were built for Danny Way and this one was built for the rest of us.

I still was riding with the caution lights on but even with my stiff and jacked up back I could whip around. Cappetto was having a good 'ole time and I was too!











It was hike time when we got back. We scored a couple dolla' hamboigers and ate by the river. But the sceeters where so bad that constant movement was needed. There were all kinds of interesting things out there. The Inter-bog here is not so good so my pics are limited as for now.


1 comment:

iSapien1956672 said...

what kinda UFO shit is in the last photo? did you catch a roswell rod?