Monday, July 20, 2009

Northwest Day 10 - Burnside, Pier Park, West Linn, Holly Farm




We got up early and met Paul, Doug and some others at Burnside for a warm up sesh. I love Burnside. There is so much history and the thing just makes you step it up. I went down twice, once on a little pebble (flat spot) and once riding those pylons. Whew, it just reminds me of riding a dirt bike in the sand. You have to keep your momentum or you just fall over!



I was watching some footy of RED shredding this place on my phone in the tent last night. When you see it on the videos for years it is one thing but when you actually come to ride the spot, well, that is another. You might think you could come here and shred right away but it takes the actual experience of the place to let you decide... The simplest things at any other park are serious here. I has happy to get a slash and a slide or two...



I sooooo wish I lived out there to ride this stuff every day. It is so inspiring. I really need to just spend the whole summer here or something... There needs to be a new plan for next year.



Next up was Pier Park. Another super gnar Portland spot. The main attraction is a huge bowl/pipe configuration. 9 1/2' on one end and 11 1/2 on the other. Although it feels way bigger and is so fun. You do not loose speed in this thing, you gain speed on each pass though the pipe. The door is positioned so that the top is probably 9' above the flatbottom. No thanks, Hewitt has that one.




This is another one that I would like to ride again this trip. We are heading up towards Orcas this week. So on the pass back down to Lincoln City next week, we'll have to plan a day to hit parks again. SOOOOO good. Owen needs to get out here now!


No comments: