Saturday, July 25, 2009

Northwest Day 15, 16 - Seattle, WA continued



So after that, I just got in the car and headed towards the next park. I was in shock. but what else can you do but continue. It is no use crying and sobbing, my little car waaaaaaaaah. That is what insurance is for. They better not mess with me since I have not made a claim in 10 years and have been with them since I was 16... we'll see



SO onward to Lower Woodland skatepark in Seattle. As soon as I looked over the fence I knew it was a Wally Holiday park. I have ridden a few in Cali and other places. Now I am sure he is great guy and everything but I just plain prefer Grindline and Dreamland parks over Wormhout and Holiday and whatever whoever. Now don't get me wrong, Holiday parks are perfect in construction, design, etc. But it just seems like he is punching this stuff out on his CAD program.

The craft is so perfect that it is for me too perfect. It gets to the point where I feel like I am in some kind of graph paper bowl or something? People like his work and ride it and it is a great ride but for me it just doesn't always add up. Shallow ends that are too deep to get out of or hips that you cant hit, and if you do then you hit another hip and not a wall... It never really flows right... Oh well, I need to keep paying attention to my driving than doing skatepark critiques.



The ameoba is fun but like I said before, the hips are odd. The shallow is deep and the deep is not deep enough. But it is a flawless pour, the tile is nice and the coping grinds nice. Although it is nearly seamless, it looks to be made of something other than concrete also?



We were there for like 2 hours but mostly slowly getting out of the shock from our morning's antics. I suggested we go into the city and try to check out the sites and maybe take one of those underground tours. We found the place, got parking but the line and the wait was very long. I guess since they were on the Travel Channel buisness is booming, which is good.



We checked out a skateshop that had some cool stuff in it. Art and stuff. Then tried to get a big Crab dinner to make the bad day feeling go away. There was a long wait, we went into a Pirate shop and I went nuts buying stuff. When we got out of there, they still were not ready to serve us, it had been like 40min and we decided to jet out.



I wanted to check out this gallery Roc La Rue so we found that place. It was pretty cool, very big space with good lighting. There were three artists on display and I had seen each in Juxtapose and Hi Fructose before. I bought a super cool book and should have got some of the art the skateshop but oh well. I spent too much already. We checked out a punk rock record store.



We moved on and had dinner at this super cool diner Luna's Cafe. Super gooooooood burgers!! Still eating red meat. Ugh Need protein and grease. We found this cool coffee shop and are Interneting and caffine-ing now. they serve beer so Cappetto is in heaven.

No comments: