Thursday, July 9, 2009

Northwest Day 1




So once again, I packed up the Fit and pointed it West. Northwest that is!! If you are not familiar with this blog or my insanity, I did the "Motherland Stomp" last year. It was one month of skateboarding from Chicago, to the Northwest, California, Southwest, Colorado,.... etc.



Unfortunately I blew out my back a week ago at Wilson. That kinda sucked big time. I spent about 4 days laying flat and the another 3 taking it easy and using the heating pad... But it seems to be better now.



I have lots of Ibupropherin (sp?) and this nifty massage chair/heat pad for my car!! It seems to really help.

This year I have made some changes to the itinerary and gained a fellow skateboarder/travel fiend. My buddy John Cappetto is on the big trip and is also blogging his experiences here so check it!



We started out the journey as last year with the first stop at the Lake Delton Skatepark in WI. This park rules and I don't care what anyone says. For those who like to complain they "fixed" the coping by moving it back 1/4". I personally thought it was fine before but now it is just plain effortless to grind.









We ended up driving all the way to Fargo, ND. It was raining and the forces were telling us to keep going. The problem when you do that stuff is that you forget to eat and barely make it to your destination before dark. So naturally, we arrived around 9:45pm to my secret road side campground. It is exit 24 on I-94 on the MN side. They raised the price though to 10 bucks from 6 but it is still cheaper than any state park!






There were lots of interesting things on the way up to Fargo. This was Optimus Prime???

No comments: