Saturday, July 25, 2009

Northwest Day 12 - Milton, WA



We got up, packed up the campsite and headed out from Battleground. We kinda got a bit of the short end because our campsite required a half mile hike. So it was a bit of an interesting spot. We also had a bunch of drunks hanging out and stumbling around in the woods all night.

Needless to say the sleep factor was nill. We also had some coyotes or wolves howling most of the night. It was a slow start. The morning before we stopped off in Troutdale for coffee when Cappetto spotted an outlet mall. I looked on Yelp and sure enough there was a Vans outlet there!! Bingo! So we woke up looking at discounted skate shoes.

I didn’t get much because my current passion, Old School Sk8-Hi’s were regular price. BS

I wish there was an outlet in our next unplanned destination because when I made it to the car, the first thing I spyed was my miss-shapen rear tire. It looked as though it was about to blow. I was going to replace them before the trip but I was told not to worry, “they look fine”. But – not so lucky.




I found a Tire place similar to the one back home (for the warranty).. So we went to I-hop and had breakfast while we waited for new tires… The fronts were in pretty bad shape too so I just went the whole nine yards. The bucks were spent and it is more money out the door..

Once we got on the road the ride was smooth and Frank McCourt was on the radio. “Angelea’s Ashes” is a great book and even more fun to listen too when read by the author himself.




Our first stop of the day was Milton skatepark. It is a Grindline park, very gnar and super cool. However, I ate shit on my first run. The corner was about 5’ with a 3 1/2’ transition and the flat wall it dumped into was 5’ with a 6 or 7’ transition so things did not match up and I was catapulted out into the flat. I smashed my wrists again and it was not fun.




Then Cappetto dropped in and did the same damn thing! Like he didn’t see what had just happened?? We were pretty over it after less than an hour and decided to move on.

No comments: