Monday, July 7, 2008

Whiting 7/6



It was time for another sesh at Whiting. It was sunny, hot and the bowl was gnar as always. The unique thing is that rather than skating it alone, a few good friends showed up for the challange. You see, anything at Whiting skatepark is a challange. Even more so than Kokomo. The transitions are tight and crazy, the coping is bumpy, big, wavy, and grizzly and the concrete will rip your jeans, tear your pads off and send you home to mamma.

Mike Owen and Cheryl showed up as well as Cappetto, Calabro and others. Calabro had his camera out so I busted out my pea shooter too. I got a few shots of Owen doing his thing. I had a dissapointing session. I think that I was actually thinking I might get an air over the coping or something. I did not even slash the deep. I threw my board a few times and just kinda could not do anything. These days happen.


No comments: