Thursday, July 24, 2008

Motherland Stomp - Day 9 Battleground, WA



Well, I was more than done and it was only like 5pm?? I guess starting at 6am has it's advantages and disadvantages. I made it into Battleground and kinda got more calm. I found the state park, got my campsite and as I walked up to the walk-in site through the amazing pine forest. My bad day started to get better. I could breathe finally and felt like I was in the right place again. Driving through the city and burbs just made all the rut that Chicago had worn on my forehead deeper again.



I got the tent set up and decided to check out the park, but I was going to chill tonight. Get a real dinner for once and try to re-group for tomorrow. When I got to the park, I realized that I wasn't going anywhere. The first thing I saw was the bowl I would ride the rest of the night!! It was a great + shape or greek cross plan as referred to in art history. It was so similar to the wonderful bowl at home that I was happy to get into it. The lines were a lot different, the deep was deeper, the coping was better (poolblock) and there was one extra pocket!!


I got some lines and was feeling good again. Then it got better, all these old dudes showed up and we were all having a great session!! This was the first time I was able to talk to people since the Simmons family back in Montana. I was overjoyed.. Joe, Paul from Denver and Doug were a few of the dudes... Doug actually read my blog! I was so stoked to meet other skaters from all over the place and just have fun again!!



So, the shitty day got better again. I tried to head to another park but I had to turn around and go back - I was tired and still hadn't ate yet... I got my subway and got back to the campsite and passed out. But I was glad the day ended well!!


Burnside tomorrow.

No comments: