Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Motherland Stomp Day 15? - spoiled


I am having trouble figuring out if today was 14 or 15?? Ugh. Anyway – I did not get a very good night of sleep last night. There were a couple of ding bats next to me messing around all night. They moved there car at one point and then were told by the camp host around 1am to put it back to the parking spot. I was just trying to crash so I have no idea what they were up too??



But I got going and headed south along the coast. It was raining but I really wasn’t that bummed. The parks south of Lincoln City are not much to speak of. They are Airspeed parks, which is a company that I am not totally into. I checked a few out though.


My first stop was Waldport. This park has the cool funnel. There is some stamped brick on some spots but the design seems a bit odd. It was raining so I can’t fully comment on the park. Not bad. Kinda cool.

I kept cruising down 101 and stopped at several waysides. There is much to see on the Oregon coast so like I said, I was not at all bummed. I was so sore from skimming yesterday anyway. I over did it. I got to see some Sea Lions and other wildlife and cool stuff like that. I took video but they do not seem to be uploading well today. I ‘ll have to try to post it up later.




I stopped off at another weird Airspeed park in Florence, OR. This one was a little better. There was this female skater there that was pretty moxy-ish. She was all tuff and said “well, are you gonna look or are you gonna skate!!” The park is a flow that bowls into the streetcourse, I was lucky not too many people were there. It would be a big collision course otherwise. They have a small funnel that snakes around a 10’ wall and oververt where you don’t expect it.


I had some fun there, spent an hour or so. Just kinda feelin’ it, getting loose from my skim sesh. I was kinda in the mood to keep going and going. I stopped at this little place for a big breakfast though. Good food! It was in this old lady’s house – she basically converted her house into a restaurant. You could even see the washer/dryer, etc. Good food though!!

I then headed into Reedsport. This was highly recommended. It is also an Airspeed park but better than the others. However, the parks just do not seem to flow well. It is like, nothing adds up in there. You kinda really have to search for lines. If I was with a group or stoked at all, I would have spent more time here. It is really good, but there was a lot going on at this point.





The thug locals were all yelling at some kid who was afraid to drop in and transferring from one bowl to the next without any kind of order. There was also a house on fire right next to the park!! Firefighters, cops, ambulance, the whole lot… I spied a great coffee shop so that one won out. I skated here for about an hour too but I was just not feeling it. I am spoiled by all of the greatness near Portland, Montana, etc… especially Lincoln City. I am trying to figure out my next plan of attack here. It is difficult to decide but I guess I am gonna hit Myrtle Point (tonight or tomorrow), I may just cruise through Roseburg and then head down to the Medford area… and on to Klamath. I just have to time the camping right because the dreaded weekend is coming and that is always dicey with stateparks and such…

No comments: