Thursday, July 24, 2008

Motherland Stomp Day 9 - Irrigon, OR




I finally made it to Oregon!! I was so happy and the odometer read 3020.5 miles. I finally made it to the Motherland, the place where Grindline and Dreamland started. It felt great!! I even stopped at the welcome center by the Columbia river and took a sink bath. Oh, I needed that one... stink!

I got to Irrigon, OR not too long after that. The lady at the welcome center asked me what I was doing there and I said skateboarding!! "this is the greatest place for skateparks in the world!!" She was like, whatever - I only see a few kids in that park. blah blah.




Irrigon is such a small town and the park is at the center, right off the highway so it is easy to find. This is an amazing place. Great work, artistry and the like. It is a big flow with three really rad obstacales and lots of stuff to hit...

It was featured in the Indy vid as well. And the coolest river rock coping ever!! Check the pics.




No comments: