Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kokomo quikie - July 5th



After eating mass quantities of brats, dogs, hamburgers, cactus, skirt steak, dognuts, (doughnuts) and Lemonade I decided to get up this mornng and go to Kokomo, IN. I was thankfully motivated by East Coast Mike's text message reading that they decided to get some elbow!.. A 90 degree full pipe that is. Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful Kokomo.



I jumped into the Fit just before 10am and made it to the park by 12:15 Central time. One of my temporary residences is in Peotone, IL which is in good position for a Kokomo trip. Soon after, Mike, Chris and Dave (??) showed for some fun in the sun. We had a great session, the weather was a bit hot and humid but the pipe must be ridden!! It was kinda odd because the only other dudes that were skating were two guys from Chicago??? They came down on the 4th to camp and stopped by the park.



After my third run some little darling rolled his freakin' scooter right in my line. I luckily dodged it and stunt rolled out. I then screamed at the little pudge and he just stared at me. The two dipshits still did not get out of the bowl so I got to yell at them some more. Great start to the day. They stayed away for about an hour until dad finally showed up and drove his mini van practically in the park. Was that supposed to be a threat?? Luckily. he never got out of the car.



Every time I go to Kokomo, I learn something new. Even if it is a small carve line or a different way to hit a hip. Good stuff!! I really need to get down there more often. I think the next trip will be a 2-3 day Kokomo, Bloomington and hopefully Homewoods camp-skate trip. Oh Yeah!!

No comments: