Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mother Land Stop - Day 2



I woke up with some asshole crow going ka-kaw ka-kaw. I said shut up crow! But he didn't get what I was saying. I turned over and got another hour or two in on my therma rest that two feet too short for my big ass... I guess Calabro was right again, it is good to go to a yuppie fancy camping place to get your gear. Walmart's stuff is not all that great. My tent is hot as hell and the therma thingy is short - I made it work though, the extra sleeping bag gets folded up and makes the difference. I'll have to make some mods on the way. Maybe I'll inherit the gear Calabro gets for the shoot in Montana. Now that would be good!!

I got up, packed up the gear and got some McD's for a quick breakfast on I was on the road. Heading West in 90/94 towards Eau Clare or something - sounds like that pastry, delicious!! So, I got on the road and drove about an hour and well, I had to stop at another skatepark, boo hoo!!...


So yes, Warrens, WI. It is a park that has been around for over 3 years now, I keep trying to get to it but finally now was the time. It is in a Yogi Bear mega-campground with fancy off road golf carts and log cabin things and pools, water slides, man these campers got it good!! It costs 10 bucks to ride but oh well.

I remember the nasty pool we used to swim in at Broken Arrow campground as a kid. You get out of that hole and your body glows and your eyes burn and your hair is green!! Super bleach!

But yes, the park is cool. They have a huge True Ride set up and a crazy concrete bowl. I forgot the maker at this date - small company I think. the bowl is chopped up like a pool, snake run, vert ramp, mini ramp, bank all in one. It is really fun to ride and has stamped tile and deathbox on one end. That was my favorite part of course.

I was riding with a guy and his kids from Rockford. Nice people, we talked all about skateboarding and wheels and the Chrysler plant he worked at. Good stuff. I guess he used to poor swimming pools back in the day so I am gonna keep his number for sure!!

As I was driving through this area of WI, I am just telling myself, why not build a small place up here??? From what Derrick said yesterday, Dreamland is building 2 more parks in the area so that will be 5 rad parks plus Cream City, 4 Seasons Milwaukee and the Dustbowl - 9 frickin' rad places to skate. I think it might be better than Ohio soon... I wish that stuff would trickle down in to Illinois, damn FIBS>

So after a quickie at Warrens I jumped on the HWY towards Minnesota. What a scenic drive it is. I can remember coming up here as a kid and loveing it!! I still am feeling like a kid again! I stopped at a rest area and had a PB and J for lunch and got to Minneapolis by 1:30pm. I made some killer time today!

I stopped in at 3rd Lair shop and then headed over to EDINA for some quick sesh. I asked some hippie punk rock dude about WI-FI and he looked at me like I as from outer space. He said to go into the city - well luckily I hit up the Panera right next to the YMCA skatepark in Edina... Edina is sooooo rad. It is a Grindline park that snakes into a 9' and carves around two big Tacos and into a 12' bowl. They also have a mini section with a spine that has a single piece of 8' coping. Very cool stuff!!

After that I hit Panera for some coffee, pricey sandwich and free WI-FI. I had a lot of grading to do so I am spending too much time in here. But I am about to get out and hit 3rd lair before I gotta fly out of town... later

No comments: