Monday, July 28, 2008

Motherland Stomp - Day 12 3/4-14 - Skimboard sesh - Lincoln City, OR


Well folks, I luckily got a good campsite at Devils Lake State Park only a few blocks away from the skatepark. So that was cool. I decided to go back for some more sesh and rad concrete at the best skatepark in the country!! At least one of 'em! I got back and skated for over an hour and did my thing. The place was very busy at this point and I mostly rode the pool again. That thing is so insane - another Indy vid stop.

I love the roller blade that was thrown on top of the roof of the park... It gives you the idea of the local attitude towards that activity... I began to hear some serious schralping up the hill so I went up to check out the sesh. Locals were pulling up left and right in big loud 4 x 4s and skatemobiles. All these dudes just killed the upper flow. OMG I mean really, there were at least 10 dudes all riding at the level of Mike Owen (local ripper) and then some. They were so aggressive and just shit'n and gett'n the whole time. Man, I just sat there with my jaw open... The girl skaters were attractive and ripping. I tried not to stare too much for fear of getting kicked in the head. The vibe in the air was don't get in the way or I'll kill you.

So I did not speak and just stayed out of the way. Then this chick chained her pitbull up right next to me so I guess that was a suttle hint for the kook to move. I can totally respect the fact that I was probably sitting where they always put there stuff. So I moved and just watched for a while while the shred continued. I didn't dare get my camera out though I wish I did. straight up gnar!


I got a great night sleep and woke up early this morning. I decided to treat myself to a good breakfast at the pig and pancake!! With a full belly and early morning fog, I made a move for the beach. As I approached, with much luck - there was a stream running down hill, snaking into the ocean!! I immediately got my skim board out and forgot about my full stomach and had a great skim sesh for over an hour!! Wow!! That ocean water is freakin' cold up here!! I mostly stayed in the stream which was probably bath water from the local hotels... ha but is better than the water we skim in at the Wilson beach.. At least it didn't stink and there is a slight chance it was coming from the mountains... Not.

I took some footy of it so check it:





After the fun skim sesh, I was on the move back to the skatepark, like 2 minutes away. Yes, people, I think this is a good destination for a cheap skate/surf/skim trip!! They have it all here and I don't think this place is terribly expensive either.

So I got more lines in the flow and tried to ride the pool again. The fishpond was killer!! But after about 2 hours my skim board legs were dead and I was done... I needed to get to WiFi and take care of a few things like paying car insurance and figuring out my next few days on this voyage. Which I am gonna do now.

1 comment:

ART @ GSU said...

LOU!!!!!

I am so fuckin jealous!!!

Looks like your having the time of your life!
Stay safe,
Javier