Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whiting May-SURF!

So we surfed WHiting in May! 32MPH north west wind provides waves in Whiting, IN. But, neither Phil, nor MC brought my wetsuit so MC rode my new board... WTF? But I was glad cause that water was nasty and as you can see below - it was cold and MC puked!




Calabro puked!









I had a blast - I luckily brought my skimboard and the wash on the beach was amazing! Best I've seen yet. But everytime the water rushed up, I had a new map of terrain to deal with. Glass, rocks, trees, tires, garbage, the hull from an old boat, a model -T tire, you name it. At least no animals or people this time. Whiting beach is gnarly, just like the skatepark!






The waves were pretty good, enough to get up - they were few but powerful. They are usually breaking every which way and on top of one another.




I'm gonna try to ride that thing next time I get out. Mini half!

No comments: