Saturday, May 30, 2009

NYC day 7 - Stamford, CT







It was super cool, the weather forecast for today (Saturday) was basically perfect - 72 degrees, blue sky, a light breeze. The coolest thing was East Coast Mike sent me a message last night and the session was on.

I decided to drive out and it was surprisingly fast. I think I made it in less than 40 minutes. I got to skate with the Vigilante dudes from Long Island too!

Scalzi Park in Stamford is one of my favorites! The big bowl is basically a flow with nearly every type of feature you could think of. A flat wall deep end with pool block, a oververt taco with brick coping, a vert tombstone with granite coping, a key hole with rock tile and pool block and several pump bumps and hips and black pipe corners for all kinds of fun.

It is a super cool place and the people there are even cooler. Always friendly people and good sessions!!

I got back and got to visit my brother's cat Niko. She is super cute!! We went for NYC pizza and gelato afterwords. We took a nice long walk with Ethan, Chris, Kerry, Joe and Chloe and it was my good bye to NYC for a while. I hope to get back soon!!!

Thanks to my family for putting up with me all week! I am glad I had my car because I could keep all my stinky pads and clothes in there! ha

No comments: