Thursday, May 28, 2009

NYC day 3



I should have gone to Riverside skatepark that night because the next day, I woke up ready to shred. When I got to the park, it was friggin' closed! I was soooooo let down by this. My plan was to mostly hang with my family but also get a little sesh time in too! This ramp in theory is perfect for me right now.




It is 32 feet wide, 9' tall with 8' 1/2"' transitions. So it has just a little bit of vert and the extensions are like 10.5 or 11'. My theory is that this ramp is taller than mine but a bit more forgiving. So maybe, just maybe if I rode it all week then I could come back to my ramp with some improvement? Well, not now because the thing is closed Tues, Wed.



It is also threatening to rain all week so I am currently a little bummed on this trip. Just on the skating part, I am super psyched to see my family and that is most important. I needed the break anyway. I've been skating way too much. Monday night I was soooooo tired, that I could barely walk let alone skate and I kinda felt that way today. I guess that 12 hour drive took it out of me.

I decided to spend the rest of the day working in my online class. Well, it started today and we had a text update so I had go through the entire class and change page numbers, chapter numbers and stuff like that. So it was a good day to do that. Plus, I get to look over at my little baby nephew and take a break every now and then to play with him. he's so cool!!!

No comments: