Thursday, May 28, 2009

NYC






The next day I was tired of the crowds and kids and bros and whatever and just decided to skate my ramp all day. Cappetto showed up but that was it, I put out a big invite to all interested but nobody else made it. No biggie, Me and Cappetto probably had the best session there in a long time. The weather was perfect, there was a super nice breeze and the smell of the country air and quiet was so refreshing. I was all about that and wanting to keep that day on the books.

We skated from like 11-7pm It was a long day. I headed home and got stuck in traffic, some dudes on some motorcycles crashed northbound and I guess ended up southbound because I-57 was closed in both directions. I wanted to get home to sleep because Sunday was an early one. So I didn't get home until like 11pm and then some neighbors were having an all out party with a full on band in the backyard... or alley. So sleep was at a minimum Saturday night.



I got up at 4:30 and was on the road to NYC by 5am. I got out my oldest I-pod and listened to it the entire 12hr drive. Getting coffee at 5:30 is not so easy - some places are closed and the only ones that seemed to be open were the janky ones. I stopped in Gary to get some coffee and it was like - taste and spit out... I finally got some good coffee (after stopping 3 times) near Michigan City. What a cluster fuck.




From now on, make it at home and bring it with. The drive was not too eventful other than the playlist. I only had a near death experience one time so not too bad. I had planned on stopping at FDR on the way in but it seemed like it was too far out of the way. I had this though in my mind that I could skate the awesome lil' vert ramp at Riverside park that evening.




By the time I got in it was 7pm Pacific time so that was out. I was a space case anyway and just needed food!! I met up with my brother-in-law, sister, baby Ethan and brother for some killer Thai food. Let the Eating begin!

No comments: