Thursday, May 28, 2009

NYC Day 4 da' banks



I walked over a few avenues to the 456 and jumped on a subway train - last stop - Brooklyn Bridge. After I got of the train, there was a nice little park near City Hall and I got some coffee and a muffin and waited to hear from Oscar. Oscar from Chicago is also in NYC and we had hoped to meet up. Luckily he sent me a message and I told him 10 min. be there!





I started walking over towards the bridge, I love this classic NYC spot. Mostly because of the banks, I am not much of a street skater and I know that if I just tried that I would have a blast street skating here but I do what I can. It is almost like entering into the Roman forum in Rome, Italy when you arrive. The underside of the bridge and the brick walkway gives you that feeling of an ancient city!






I skated here for like 2 1/2 hours. It was pretty mellow, not too many people. Last time I saw that dude from 5burrow or whatever that is, he runs the contest every year. This time there were a bunch of bikers and a couple of kids at the end skating. It is so funny that such an epic spot could ever be empty but that is how Burnside was and Washington Street and so many other great places I have been to. You just have to go at the right time, otherwise the bros would just ride all over you and say get outa here dude. (kidding)











Unfortunately Oscar never made it out. Next time man!! My legs started to fall off after a while but I had a really good session. !



Riding my ramp all winter even helped me on the banks? It's hard to believe but alley oop slides can be applied anywhere. I got to ride that spine wallride thing again, they re-surfaced it and I was able to grind frontside and backside so that was cool. It was a fun session and I was glad that I made it. Yesterday I just felt like doing nothing and today it was like - shazammmmm





I got home just in time for dinner! My sister was nice enough to cook some damn good vittles. My brother Chris stopped in after work and we watched the first two episodes of True Blood (the vampire series). Just about a perfect day!

No comments: