Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ohio - Grove City



The next morning we headed to Grove City. As we were looking for breakfast, it seems that the area we were in only had Bob Evans, it was at every corner - so finally we broke down and went in. I didn't eat my meal as it was kinda nasty and the coffee was a bit skunky - and Cappetto seemed to be ok with his. Once we arrived to Grove City there was a Cracker Barrel which is the preferred road trip spot. SO we were both a bit bummed because it was multiple bathroom trips for me and a big deluge for Cappetto.

After Rolaids and better coffee we arrived at the awesome park. It was completely empty, for about 5 minutes. A few carloads of kids pulled up but they mostly stayed in the street course, hot mom and daughter and dad and baby were having a picnic on the grind box... Once in a while the kids would jump in the flow but I needed the break.




It took a while to get acclimated to the flow again. This one is sooooo rad but you really have to have all transition skills to ride this thing proper, bowl, pool, vert, mini... You need both linear and carve lines. The vert kinda goes to oververt so once you hit that it is like, "I have to grind now too?"

After a good 2hrs I was finally getting my flow down, lines were plentiful, I was getting familiar with the coping and starting to do some things and then - head smack. Yup, if things with my wrist and knee weren't bad enough - this is by the way the third one in the past few weeks... I never do that either - maybe once or twice before in my life... SO I hope this was the third and last time for that too. shit, I have paid enough minor blood sacrifice for a while...



I kept skating though but I think I freaked the other dudes out because they were not skating. It might have had to do with the blood spot on my head? I put my hat on and kept going. I got more stuff too - it was getting to that good sesh time. Cappetto dissapeared for a while, and when he returned he said he needed to leave. That breakfast was just not working for him still, the sun was pretty oppressive also so we decided to try to get back to Kokomo before dark, camp and head back the next day.



I really wanted to stay at Grove one more day so the shred could happen but it was best that we follow the new plan. John was better by the time we got to Kokomo. We once again drove around for an hour trying to find this kook campground which turned out to be a shithole. So we went back to town, ate Taco Bell (chicken burritos 89cents, its the new bean burrito).

And by the time we got to the park it was near dark. I couldn't skate that thing in the dark. The pipe was particularly scarey - as it was completely dark... So we headed back a half day early. but it was a great trip and all was good. Accept for the noggin' but that luckily healed up after a few days...

No comments: