Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Possum Jamb 12/29




The following day I was lucky enough to get a good session going at my ramp!! We had like 8 or 9 skaters there that day! I was so happy to ride with everyone. It has been a lonely winter so far in there. I was worried about condensation so I got down there a bit early. The ramp was in good shape. I only had a few droplets. I had been mopping the ceiling lately to try to avoid that problem. The roof is fine when it is raining but when the sun comes out and melts the snow on the roof, I get a bit of the drips - the metal sweats and lets out a bit of moisture.



Cappetto was the first show up and then soon after Eric, Danny, Tony F. and Colin arrived. Then Mike O and Cheryl stopped by too! Good stuff!


A few of the dudes had not been there yet so after getting to know the ramp I think they were stoked. It is hard to skate and a little intimidating. But the ramp is kinda like Wilson, it is gnarly enough to do stuff on but also small enough to be an enabler too! Danny full on ripped it! Eric was getting 50/50s, Mike O was shredding, I think we all learned a bit that day!



It was so great to see Tony F. I gotta get him out more!! Calabro went into hybrination mode and would not leave the house.

Eric did a killer edit of the day you can check it out here.

As for the rest of the week, I skated Possum the next day with Cappetto, Callahan and East Coast Mike. It would have been a rockin' sesh again but I think the holidays had taken its tole on the lot of us. We were schralpin' but it was a bit subdued. I was supposed to go to 4 seas with Calabro and Pat but MC bailed at the last minute. 2-man sessions kinda suck in that big bowl.

But luckily it was like 38 out and I sneaked in a sesh at Wilson!! "no nickname" Tom was there and we scraped out the leaves but beneath the leaves was ice! We skated it anyway and pretended it was a deathbox in the flat! I was just happy to be carving and barking up the coping! Sooooooo good. I miss that bowl!

One more thing - Such Luck Tim sent out his Holiday packets. He did a killer bedtime story for skaters!! I wish I could have read it to young Ethan but I just got it last night after I said my goodbyes!

1 comment:

Greg Kopplin said...

Hey Lou, This is Greg from Wilson, etc. I see you have you’re ramp up. Looks rad! Any chance you will be skating it this Thurs. night (1/8)? I would love to check it out and can donate some $.

gregkopplin@aweisscorp.com

312.203.7207