Wednesday, December 31, 2008

4seas 12/27



We got a 4 seasons session the Saturday after the X-mas. It was the day that Chicago went from 20 below windchills to nearly 60 degrees!! The night before my building was sweating and the smoke detecters went off. The dude upstairs called the Fire Dept. and we had all these fireman yelling at us.. And going, where's the meth lab?? They just kinda came in, knocked the fire alarms off of the ceilings and went home. I think my landlord is not too happy... I just hope he replaces them.

The next day we went up to Milwaukee and things were equally as weird. The bowl surface was super grippy and the deck was super slimy. I think we all found this out the hard way. I slammed big time on my 3rd run. I went to slide my feet down the transition, my food grabbed and I went forwards, straight to flat, my knees, wrist and shoulder. Not fun.

Kevin and Phil also had substantial slams (Kevin was out for the night). But we tried to make the best of it. I was going at it strong for about another hour until my feet began to slide off of the side of my board. The deck was so dirty that the moisture turned it into black slime. I love 4-seasons but they never mop the bowl and they never clean the place either. They really need to take a pressure washer to that deck or something... It is a slime pit!

No comments: