Friday, December 19, 2008

sk8n



Well it has been a while since I posted last. I've been skatin' just about every day! Just finished the semester and only have to tally up the grades and submit. then i am done!!!!!

I have been working on the art a lot too lately. I finally got the little studio set up and started a bunch of stuff. I even started a painting!! I haven't been able to paint in such a long time so it feels really good to get that going again. The drawings are going well too. I think it is all gonna tie together soon and I'll post pics of the progress.



I've been mostly skating my ramp, alone. Cappetto came by on Thursday which was really fun! I had Callahan out last week too. I have not been getting many pics of footage lately though... I have some but nothing spectacular.

The sessions in Milwaukee have been epic lately though! Last Sunday was amazing. We went up Wednesday too but got caught in traffic for nearly 3 hours! By the time we got there it was a little over an hour to close. shit

I took these pics the other night when it was 10 degrees out side! It was close to 20 in the barn but when the lil torpedo heater kicked on it warmed up a bit. I got this little thermometer and up on the decks the temp can be up to 38! Not bad for a barn with no insulation...

I was talking with some people about it and everyone has a different point of view. It is cold in there. But you have to define cold and decide if you can handle it. Yes it is cold. But I am used to it now. I really don't mind skating alone anymore but am always happy to have people sesh. If you come on a 35 degree day it will be very pleasant in there with the lil heater going.



I am beginning to think that you either have to be from the Region or from south of Roosevelt Rd. to not worry about the cold... is this a challenge Northsiders??? It is cold in there sorry people. But come anyway! I should add that when it is 20 degrees out you can always see your breath in there... Yes, the pic is accurate and I do not smoke.

1 comment:

Nikoli said...

Ha! "The Region." My wife is from Hobart, but she often says "the Region." As if I was supposed to know what that meant. Sorry, it's too cold for too long up in them there parts. Sweetie, if you buy that winning lotto ticket so I can build the *insulated* barn with the mini ramp, THEN we can move closer to your parents.

40 degrees is my lowest "comfort level" for skating.

Rock on and Merry Christmas!