Monday, December 1, 2008

Grand Rapids 11/29


We went up to GR on Saturday. A bunch of us were supposed to go but many bailed due to illness, marital duties and dooty.. Mike O, Cheryl, Matt drove in one car and MC and I went in the Fit. It was a very long drive this time. It was sunny and 45 degrees and the whole 3 1/2 hour drive we were both like, WTF??? I like to go to GR when it is freezing cold out or when it is 111 degrees. Not when the weather is skateable. But I don't bail on people (or try not to). SO we went,

I was a bit salty at first but as the day went on it got better. Mike O was ripping the vert and the rest of us skated the bowl. However we all gave our sweat and skin cells to the vert ramp. I dropped in and it felt crazy slow and very canyon like. I think I am getting used to mine now.



Cheryl was totally getting it that day. I was stoked for her - she was ripping the bowl!! Calabro hurt his back but still did manly airs on vert and I re-learned my lines.

Just to be sure there is no confusion - the video is not me!! It is Mike Owen...

3 comments:

Owen said...

I skated so shitty that day!

Nikoli said...

Nice line! I wish vert didn't scare the bejeezus outta me... Nice couch too btw.

mc said...

Owen was ripping that day. Kickflip Indy's, head high airs in the bowl. Not bad for not riding vert in a long time. All you guys are starting to whine more than me. Check out Mikes Blog: http://mike-owen.blogspot.com/

Looks like i have to start one... im sure it would get updated at least 1 a year.

Wanna go to Palm Springs this Sunday and skate a killer pool in Salton City?