Friday, December 5, 2008

Milwaukee 11/30

We went to Milwaukee the next day for more shred!

Mike Owen started a blog! Check it here.

I have to be careful. Every Fall, I manage to save a little cushion in my bank account. By the end of Winter, the cushion is gone and I wonder where it went?? Skateboarding indoors! I pay 100 bucks a month to ride a mini twice a week 3 months out of the year and just built another ramp but I still find myself driving far and away on the weekends! Well I guess it is better than what I was doing before - paying to skate everyday!



My old winter schedule was Krush on Monday-Wednesday, Scrap Thurs, Fri, (Sat) - Four Seasons (Thurs) Sat, Sun... So that was at least 100 a week for park fees plus gas and food - you get it. If I was decent or a bro maybe I would get in for free but not. So I did what I did and have what I have now!! At least the new winter crew is chipping in for gas. I was too embarrassed to ask before or they just forgot. (every week) But gas is cheap now!



It sucks again this year though. As soon as Dec. 1st hit the big freeze came in. It is like 10 degrees today! Calabro talked me in to coming over and getting breakfast and the plan was to work through the afternoon and head to 4-seasons for some Fri night shred. Well, now he is bitchen' and moaning about going up there... We'll see what happens.



But last Sunday we went up there with Kevin for more shred! As if GR wasn't enough. It was great! A big winter storm was coming in (first one for us) and Calabro whined the whole way saying we were all gonna die. The storm didn't hit until the middle of the night so all was well. I just told him, this is what we do and if we get stuck we get stuck. We always use caution of course - last year we had to turn around. Mostly because they closed the highway! That is about the only thing that is gonna stop me from getting there.

Anyway - Jeff, Jeff, Marty and the other dudes came out. The night sesh was great.

I skated the carwash a few times this week and my ramp with Callahan Wednesday night. It was cold as hell but once the torpedo heater got going it was decent. I guess dudes that come form the south of Chicago or NW IN are not afraid of the cold. Those north siders - where are they??? bring it!

No comments: