Monday, January 12, 2009

a slight apology



So Calabro confronted me with my bad mouthing him on the Interturd. I see his point and understand his concerns. So I should say sorry MC for being angry when you say you would go, then you say you might go then you say you would and yes, cool, I'll go but at the last minute you drop out...





It is confusing you see, where in the past 90% he goes... but lately it has been hit or miss. I understand that most of Chicago is in hibernation mode and that I am lucky to get anyone out for a night in Milwaukee or a winter indoor skatetrip... But he is the Urban Camper??

I'll try to understand from now on and not bitch for an hour or three lines on this blog when you do bail... I know winter is a difficult time for all of us and the motivation to go drive in 4' of snow for 4 hours to skate for 2 hours is kinda dumb. But I have the drive to do the drive and just wish there were more out there like me... But this last weekend was rad and thank you MC for being a stand up guy and going with only complaining for half of the trip!!





The road trip part is just as fun as the skating part and with MC on the road you never know what could happen. When you add in a Cappetto, an Owen, a Fat Kevin USA or a Pat or any of the dudes we regularly travel with, then you have a stinky smelly Honda fit filled with all kinds of debauchery, lewdness and impolite conversation! Who needs comedy central when you have MC + Shit talk recipient + 1 more = good times! Even if the park sucks, then you have the trip home!

We may not be the coolest group of skaters in Chicago. Some hate us or say we suck at skating or are so old schoolish or are bowl trolls or just kinda smell funny. But I can guarantee you that we have the most fun and that is how you spell skateboarding F.U.N.

May the road trips be plenty and the spots flourish in our future!

2 comments:

mc said...

Some people hate us? Hell, I even hate us.

Thanks for the love, Lou. We need to do some real adventures soon.

Nikoli said...

Ya have to adopt a different outlook... We have a guy like that... we call him NoShow. We never expect him to show up, no matter what he says. So we're never disappointed, and when he DOES, it's a great surprise! And he never has to feel bad for bailing, because that's his shtick. :)

Come to Louisville and skate with the Concretins... we're funny smellin' bowl trolls too.