Sunday, August 3, 2008

Motherland Stomp Day 19 - Pacifica




After a killer sesh at the new SF park, I drove around the city for a few hours. I wanted to check out the city a bit more. I wish I knew where the street spots were, but I am really not much of a street skater. I guess, if you just get out and roll around it is everywhere!!



I had to do the tourist thing and go over the Golden Gate Bridge. So that was cool and all. I tried to turn around and got of on some road called Rodeo and got to see how the other half lives. Man, it must be nice to be rich!! But I am happy the way I am... I would just have little beach houses all along the West coast and a cabin in Whitefish. That is about the only difference... I got my tent so that is even better!! screw 'em.


I got out of SF and entered HWY 1 and drove down the coast. I got to stop at a few beach spots and arrived in Pacifica around 2:30pm. When I got to the park, I was a bit bummed. There was a contest going on all day and the park was closed. I hung around a bit and took a few pics from outside the gate. Contests are great and all but it kinda sucks when you blow in from out of town and you can't get in on it... I am sure I could have barged but I just am not into that.


The kids were shredding though, but it was a little wierd. 14 year olds with a long list of sponsors and this and that... Kids always come up to me out here and tell me how they are sponsored and what kind of bearings am I riding and I should ride for their bearing company... Why not just skate for the fucking fun and love of it!!!!

Oh well, I wanted to hang around for the masters division but it got to be past 4pm and and I hadn't even got to the second round...


I went over to the beach after I found out that I couldn't skate. There was a huge surf session going down. There must have been 100 surfers out there all lined up along the entire beach! Crazy!! There were a bunch in the parking lot too! It was cool! SO I hung around there for a while checking it out and taking some footy. I wish I grew up around here so I could have been a skate/surf rat my whole life!! I would never go out there now, it looked pretty busy. They were just carving around people and all, like the streetcourse at Wilson on a Saturday.


I got some footy of that:

No comments: