Friday, March 27, 2009

Prairie Palooza 3/20


makin' T-shirts!



So my Spring Break was supposed to unofficially begin on Thursday but things have been super busy. Thursday afternoon I had to get more stuff done for the HS show, get another work to GSU for a student show there, pick up ribbons for the HS show, and get more details done... Friday, The wall cards were printed and I installed them and cleaned up the gallery, got it all together and I am happy to say that the show looks good. Just a lot of paperwork for this thing.






The other thing on the agenda was Prairie Palooza, an event I have been planning for weeks with the Art Club. The original idea was to have a jam night, coffee house thing but then circumstances beyond us all brought Prairie Palooza into my professional life. We had 5 bands play, and art show, concession stand, T-shirt sales, you name it.



I was super leery of this event because if it went badly it could be negative toward my job. But luckily it went off without a hitch! The club made money (for our lit/art mag Exposure) and we had enough to pay for the supplies and other expenses. We also have enough to donate a little to a good cause. Charity is important.



The bands were great!!






No comments: