Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Last week



The weather finally broke and I and Chicago got to skate outdoors. Oh how I needed that! It has been sooooo busy at work lately that I was really in desperate times. Spring is so close that I can taste it! I can't wait for the leaves to grow and the grass to become green!

I always have flat tires this time of year and once again am dealing with that situation. I got my slow leak repaired last Thursday but the flat returned and am waiting until this Thursday to get it repaired again (when i have time to sit and wait). When this happens it usually means that I have a bent rim and have to replace that which is really pricey. I hope that is not the case but I'll just have to wait and see.




The return to Wilson was amazing but before it got nice enough out, there was a trip to 4 seasons and then a particularly good ramp sesh!! It consisted of MC, Cappetto, Callahan and myself. We had a great time in a barn that was pleasantly warm. I even opened the roll up door for the nice breeze. The day was topped off with Callahan sticking a McTwist!. It was legit, over the coping, upside down and he landed it and rolled away. There will be much debate weather it was a real make or not but he did get to the other wall. However some will argue that he should have did another trick and then back again... This is a friggen' McTwist people, regardless, the dude stuck it!

It all depends on what you can or never will be able to do. For me it is legit, maybe not a pretty landing but so far from what I will attempt or am capable of. He is still healing from that sesh but I can guarantee that he will be doing them again when he comes back on the weekend. It will be a site to see!

Wilson is rad as ever, I spent all of Sunday riding the amoeba. Love that thing! It was really busy so I did not venture off. I try to stay clear of kids, kickflippers, bikes, blades, homeless, bros, demi-skate gods, and pedophiles. It all happens there though and you just gotta love wilson!

I spent most of the day getting lines back and figuring out what I do where and all of that. I got to go for tacos with some good old friends and then back again for more! It was an all day affair. My legs were so jello flop that I could barely walk the next day. Then on Tuesday, I hit my ramp in the morning, did school stuff and classes and then hit up Whiting for the first time this year. Jello legs again! That park is the raddest thing around and I am gonna spend even more time there this year. I just wanna skate - I don't care if you are awesome or if you suck, if 'yer cool or not 'cause I'm not. Lets just shred! It's gonna be a good year and I'll have to start planning Possum II for next winter!

Oh, and road trippin' will begin again soon!

3 comments:

mc said...

upon close inspection of the McTwist, i still stick with my original claim. He didn't land it. You gotta hit the other wall. Does a gymnist land a trick if they stumble? no.

Sorry Mike, but you have to come back and put this argument to rest. The radness never stops with you.

Mike vw said...

Sickness, either way.

When are you coming East again? I don't think I'll be in Chi until late June...

Anonymous said...

doesn't count. I put it down but didn't make it to the transition. Once I get to the other wall i'll claim it.

-callahan