Friday, March 27, 2009

Davenport and beyond 3/26 - 3/27




I was glad to get out of there, cops make me nervous. I really do not do anything that is illegal but I just want no part in any situation with the police. They there to serve and protect, I can only hope that when the day comes, they will be around to protect me. But in the meantime, I will stay out of their way.

The original plan was to skate for like 6 hours, eat and then find a campsite. But since the park was a blink and be done with it situation, we had lots of daylight on our hands. We had already ate, I got my 10oz allowance of coffee (I was drinking way too much, another stomach culprit) so we decided to head north and do tomorrow's agenda today. We arrived at this state park about an hour north of Davenport.



I was skeptical, Calabro has been blowing hot air about how great caving is and that I really need to try it sometime. I was like "what the hell is caving and why would I want to go crawling around in one"??? But I have to say, it is fun! As long as the thing doesn't collapse, or you don't get lost, attacked by bats, bears, mountain lions or break your leg on the slippery ass rock down there...

But we did go and I had a blast. I would even be willing to go again!! I was un-prepared, and MC kinda was too. I shot some video before we went in. It was fun, the park was empty and it was erie, kinda like a cheesy horror film from the 80s or one of those crappy action movies from the 90s that dealt with how nature bites the outdoorsman on the ass.





We checked out a few easy ones, and then found a cave that went way back. We were in there for nearly 2 hours. It got super tight at times and a little difficult but definitely not more than medium difficulty. It was fun!

No comments: