Friday, March 27, 2009

Kokomo 3/24 - 3/25





Sunday was spent at WIlson all day. Lots of mini sessions, break for lunch then more. That seems to be the pattern for me Saturday/Sunday at Wilson in times of good weather. Although this year, I am trying to break it up a bit. When 70s hit I get obsessed with Wilson and can't stop skating there. Then I get burned out and go on the road. This year, I need to gain some kind of balance. Triple Threat was a good harbinger for what will come in the near future.



For weeks, Calabro and I have been discussing Spring Break. I had originally considered going to my sister's in NYC (which I am feeling quite guilty that I didn't) to see my nephew Ethan. That will happen soon though. Anyway, the other possibility was Costa Rica but that did not happen. SO, I just figured that we would do some midwest road trippin'. However, the weather forecast was super crappy, it was supposed to rain and blow wind everywhere drivable. We wanted Montana, but Whitefish had 2 feet of snow still, Moab was rain, below that were tornado possibilities, and Ohio was too far to drive with only one forecasted day of good weather.




I voted for Kokomo/Bloomington, Calabro got a call to do a movie, looked at the wind forecast and bailed. SO, Monday was mope-day. I was bummed, I thought that nothing was gonna happen. But Cappetto called up and said he was off Tuesday and did not need to go into work until Wednesday evening. So KOKOMO it is!!! Screw the wind, screw the forecast, Screw it, I am going to Kokomo!!



It was breezy but it was 72 degrees and I was fine with that! We actually made an effort to get some footy too! I took a bunch of photos and got some video, Cappetto shot some vid with his HD camera as well.



I have a very handy phone that does internet so I was updating on facebook just to tick off Calabro. I was bummed but after getting some serious fun in at Kokomo, it was all better. I must say that I was developing some stomach issues in the last few weeks. I was kinda getting worried but after two days in Kokomo, my stomach is about 60% better. Who needs the doctor when you have a park that good. It under 2 hours from Cappetto's house and 2 1/2 from my parents, so it is a go for this season. I finally have someone to go with on a regular basis!!



No comments: