Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Whiting sesh



We had a quick sesh at Whiting before we left for cheap Burritos at the secret Whiting Burrito Heaven. Bill blasted a few as you can see here. It is sooooo cool to have a guy who lived the dream still ripping. Everything Danforth does is fluid, aggressive and proper. I was quickly reminded that none of my tricks are done the correct way... I guess I have some more work to do. He was telling me a story about one of his buddies doing laid back roll outs in front of Duane Peters.

Duane showed up to the park all crazed and stiff. He immediately rolls in without even figuring out a line and looked as if he was about to die at any minute. After a few runs Peters begins to completely rip the bowl. Duane Peters proceded to
destroy all coping and every wall in the place. One of the locals did a laid back roll out the slow way. (where you are on top and slowly drop back in)

Duane was sooo discusted that he nearly hit the guy. He said, "Is this really one of your bros??" "I never would have invented that trick if I knew guys would do it like that".. I guess now since I do nothing the "right way", I will just have to not do any tricks around any skate legend again... haha.

It is all about fun anyway. I am gonna work on my shit all summer! And that is the point, it is a challenge, every day and if you work hard, it pays off. Even if you don't work hard and have fun carving or kick turning - you win!! Skateboarding Fuckin' rules!!

SO anyway, Pics of Bill Danforth at Whiting:









2 comments:

friseal said...

"Is this really one of your bros?? LOL What a fucktard! I thought the whole point of doing that shit was to have fun. If that story is true that cunt needs to be held down and have something inserted sideways. Lets all kowtow to the trick inventor! I love when people say they invented something like that, like he just pulled it out of thin air one day.

cs said...

I like your blog...it is very entertaining.