Friday, June 6, 2008


So I think I may have picked up the very last Fred Smith III by American Nomad the other day. I have been addicted to this deck for over a year now and this is my 6th or 7th one... I always liked Fred Smith when I was a kid and was soooo stoked to have the graphic come out again. I am kinda geeking out now but I did one of those graph portrait projects of him when I was in 8th grade. It was an add from Thrasher or something. I am totally intrigued by the shape. I went through so many decks in the past few years and never felt at home. I am not into round on round shapes and punk points kinda hurt when I do sweepers. I had a couple Deluxe flat tails but they were too wedge shaped for my liking. The tail kinda got real skinny. I had a rad mega 9 1/4" Five Points flat tail with 15 1/2" wheel base. That thing was just big and heavy but still fun to cruise on. I really hope I can get this shape again somehow or it will be a scarey adjustment time.

No comments: