Monday, June 9, 2008

Tornados and more great weather for skateboarding!!














Pics above show the storm over Lansing, IL, a ghost in a tree that got wrapped around itself and debris on the road... The one on the right is from Richton Park, there was an appartment building that had the roof ripped off. I could not get fuel in a 10 mile radius, everything was shut down. It was crazy! I was driving all over trying to avoid the traffic and all the fiefs out there that were "directing" traffic. Basically yelling at everyone. I drove out into a farm field road in my honda to get pics of the powerlines. Kinda dumb, but it was better than sitting at home in the dark I guess. I would rather be working on the 20 tricks I still can't do but when Mother Nature talks, we have to listen.

Overall, I am not sure if I would ever do this again. Crazy weather is not something to be messed with. It was pretty dumb to do but I really was never anywhere near the storm. I was probably close when i came out of the store but after that, no closer than 2 miles. When you try to follow something going North East and you have to drive on a grid, it just does not work... Just like on "Cops" when the helicopters always chase down the fugitives... Dummies, just hide under a porch for a few hours. Same goes for tornadoes, get in a ditch face down, cover your eyes. Or a cellar... Don't try to out run it in your car and do not get in front of the storm.

1 comment:

cs said...

I thought it was kind of cool when I heard about. I believe that i laughed because I was not surprised at all!