Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the week



Horror pic of the week - Ju-On

So the HS show ended on Wednesday evening around 8pm. I had hoped that all of my stress would go away finally. I woke up the next day with vertigo again. I guess the nutty day brought it back. I watched Shackle Me Not that morning, got pumped and decided to hit up the Possum ramp regardless. I figured I had vertigo while building it so why not ride it with vertigo!! I got my bearings and managed to stop spinning enough to drive. But as soon as I dropped in and hit the other side with a nice frontside slasher the spinning was gone!! I actually felt comfy up at the lip. So maybe this counteracted the feeling. It has not returned since and I hope it does not!!

Then later that day I had another back spasm, worse than the one I had the previous Sunday. So I was out of it. I went back on Friday but no luck, I just rolled around and tried to get loose. We had a great sesh on Saturday. Sadly with no pics. Owen, Callahan and Calabro. My back was loose enough to do a little bit of schralp that day. Then I planned to shred Wilson all day Sunday. The forecast called for 50 and sunny. But when I actually got to the park the wind was 12mph from the east right off the lake and it felt like 35 there... I got loose, carefully with my back and warmed up, dropped in to the amoeba and said screw this. I just wasn't feeling it, everything was feeling brittle and stiff... I was like, I am done with cold weather and my body is tired.




So I met up with Calabro and Dacia for a big easter breakfast, even though we do not celebrate - it was an anti-easter breakfast. And after vegging for 2 hours (lots of food) we headed up to 4seas. Everyone was with their families or mocked me for going up there... When we got there, nobody was around I was kinda stiff still and just cruised for a while. Calabro put on his missles and was doing big air all day. Run after run. I was happy for him.




It was a busy week and a pain in the but week. Not so good for skating but for getting things done I guess. Cheryl had a B-day dinner at Joy Yee on Thursday night, that was fun.


I saw this weird orange machine on the way to pick up Callahan. It seemed like some top secret evil brain mechanism for a transformer or something. The trailer had like 60 wheels or something, it was like 4 trailers put together.




So I finally went to the BBQ place in my hood. I was at first like, what the hell, but I finally went and it was good. 18th street, flame murals on the outside that says "BBQ". It was pretty good with a band. Not that I am doing a food blog here but the jugband was cool!! Marcos Raya paintings on the wall. I'll be back. Maybe Such Luck will go with me and do a food review!!!!

No comments: