Monday, April 20, 2009

"Collective Resonance" exhibit





I went to the closing for "Collective Resonance" on Friday which was the big show for the 33 Collective gallery I am involved with. The space is on 35th and Morgan and in the Zhou B. Center. We have been around for a while and have a regular gallery space. This month we were able to use the big space in the center of the building.



I thought the show turned out good but the lighting sucked. I guess they had to keep it dark for an artist that had 3-D images or something, but hey, put it in a separate area already... Lets not make the show look like crap just because of one artist. I want my space back so I can do shows again. This whole collective thing is for the birds!

The coolest thing I saw was on the 4th floor (not in the show). It was hanging outside of this dude's studio. It turns out that I had met him years ago and we talked about doing a show in my old gallery. He used to stop by a lot. Well I went to say hello but there were all of these beautiful people hanging out in the studio. A few skaters that I recognized and should have recognized me but you know how it is when "low brow" becomes "high brow"... People get to be too cool for school. oh well, his art is great.

No comments: