Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kokomo 4/22 continued



After that debacle we took it slow down south, just as a precaution. When you get held up sometimes it is good to ease yourself back into the trip. You may have been held up for a reason!


We got there around 11am our time so that was not too bad. Not good for as early as I got up but what can you do. We both had to be back early so it would be a quick sesh for the long drive. I really need to stay over night next time.





It was just us most of the day, I don't remember anyone even lurking around this time. It was good because I immediately began finding new lines. Cappetto too! We were skating pretty hard, I was trying to go faster in the deep but my knees started to ache so I knew it was time to pull out the new bearings and wheels.



I had seshed Wilson the day before for like 7 hours or something again. I found a few new lines and was stoked but kinda did my legs in.

I must have got the last set of Missles as there is a 4 week wait right now. Top that off with some new Rainskates and the speed gets faster! I was immediately hitting the coping where before I would just miss it. You can actually feel the board accelerate as you drop in and pump the next wall. It is utterly amazing. The combination is just perfect. I was also impressed with how easily the Rainskates slid, I started getting my slide tricks in on the big wall.






My OJIIIs seem to be smooth but not fast and they grip the wall really hard. This is good for Wilson because of all the stupid paint but kinda sucks at Whiting and Kokomo. So I decided to keep that wheel set up in a zip lock bag specifically for Whiting and Kokomo. I can deal with less at Wilson. You don't have to work as hard to get up to the lip there.







I got a few pics of Cappetto and some footy, and John took a few of me too! Rare foot of LS.

No comments: