Monday, April 20, 2009

Kokomo!!



I stayed at Wilson until like 7pm and then remembered that I was going to Kokomo in the morning!! MC crashed on my couch and after consuming mass quantities of Ricobenies Pizza and a 2hr round of "Left 4 Dead" it was time to crash. I must have had way too much caffine because I couldn't sleep. I just kept hearing Otis Redding songs (I have been on a soul kick lately) and seeing the 90degree angled pipe at kokomo!! RAD!



Calabro kept saying his jaw was hurting and he had a head ache - I didn't know killing zombies and eating pizza could do that to someone. But the next day he had it worse?? Not sure. go to the doctor!! or kill more zombies! I should say that if the world did get infested with brain eaters - give MC a shotgun, some orange juice, his laptop and lock him in a fire proof room until it is safe. Don't take him with you or he will pull a Dick Chaney on you every five minutes!! boom - oh I thought you were a zombie... I would be getting surrounded and hacked to death and he would be in the next room trying to find ammo... nice






We left the house at 5:45am and got to Cappetto's house at 7am, picked him up and Moll. On to I-65 for the trek to the best park in the midwest - STILL!



We arrived around 10am after an hour breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Man I love that place but I just keep getting fatter!! Uncle Herschels breakfast rules!! Moll and MC talked about SF the entire way down there and I was in space. Not enough sleep and never enough coffee.






After a long warm up things got rollin' and everyone learned something new that day! New lines, tricks or just a push higher in the pipe. That is what is great about challenging parks like Kokomo. Owen likes to joke and say us old fux will never reach the top of that vert wall, well we keep reaching...





No comments: