Saturday, October 3, 2009

skate?


Nike demo carnage

Skateboarding has been going as usual. I did keep my sessions trimmed down in a much better schedule. After the big trip this summer, my body was trashed. I had some back problems and more recently knee issues. But with the cut down schedule I think things are getting back to normal now.

We had all kinds of events recently, a demo for Nike which was uneventful in terms of Pro sitings but the local sesh was one of the best in months!! All the dudes were out and we all got wrecked but still kept skating. Owen and Salon John were on and it was great!! The Uprise dudes showed up later in the sesh and put on a great show too..


City Of Chicago maintenance

But for the past many weeks I was/am pretty burned out, especially dealing with the parks in this area. But I have spent the past 2 months getting used to the usual stuff that goes on and am a local again. We had such beautiful weather in September that I must say, it is a difficult adjustment moving to rainy, cold October.

I am the type that is very sensitive to the seasons, physically and emotionally. I often get all nostalgic in the Spring, depressed in the Winter, care-free in the Summer and reflective in Fall. Fall also is change and I always seem to go for big changes or projects in the Fall... For example I built my 80s vert ramp that I ride alone last Fall... I moved back to the city as well... And as long as we are on that subject, I was really feeling the itch to move and buy a house?

I missed out on a big opportunity over the summer on a house that I have been drooling over for years.. It sold for 110 and I never would have imagined! The new owners destroyed it already - I'll have to sneek pics.

So anyway I went through this whole need to build more stuff and a calling to get some concrete projects going. I let my imagination run away and suddenly got pre-approved on a home loan. I went through the ritual of looking for property and seeing that it is too expensive. Then looking for homes with a barn and property and knowing it was way too much for where I want to be. Then looking at all the modern homes that are barely affordable but are in areas that will not increase, only decrease and the taxes are too high. ANd the final option, looking at burned out houses in crap neighborhoods that are worthless and cheap... So what do I do? once again, I guess stay where I am?

ugh

I do not want to be in the burbs and am really calling for the rural life - but then again, I will miss the city. I used to think that maybe I could get a really cheap home, fix it up and use it as a weekend house. But I don't make enough to do stuff like that... I think the best situation is my current one, cheap rent, no responsibility, no maintenance, no parking, but savings every month..

No comments: