Monday, August 24, 2009

Um/????



Well, Um, I uh did not post for two weeks or something. I have been on a bit of a blog vacation. I guess I was over the daily updates as the huge audience of none were too I am sure. But I have been undergoing rehab since returning. For what you may ask? Life I guess. I think it was a 10 day countdown to reality and the realization that I needed to get some serious studio work done.

I made an agreement with myself to spend more time in my art studio and less time sitting on the lurk ledge at Wilson. So over the last few weeks, I did just that. I got a good session in and then went home to work. It has been working well so far. I got a great amount of drawing done. I probably did more in the last two weeks than 6 months!! So all is good. I just have to keep that flow going and make time this semester. No, I am not going to show you the drawings yet. I am a Scorpio and we are secretive!!! I should. But I am also insecure. I do have an art blog though and may show some stuff there.??

Yep, Fall semester 2009 began today and I am glad to be back. I am a little sad that I have less freedom of time but I am happy to know that my time is limited and I have to skate when I can now (which is still all the time). But it just gives me a little more drive again. Summer blues hit and your need to shred kinda lessons sometimes.

I had a particularly good sesh yesterday. Mostly with Keith and Jeff. Most of the other dudes left when I got there and kinda dispersed when they returned. There was some interesting events that went on and I missed so you'll have to check out Suchluck or Spencerland for details.

Sunday (yesterday) was a nice cap to the summer for me. I came on strong in May, then lost a lot in June, got a mind f#$K, a back strain and then left for a month. It was bizarre. So the last few weeks served as a rehab for skating too.



But things felt good yesterday so I am happy and ready for Fall. I feel like this was a very fulfilling summer. I got to see my nephew a few times and traveled the country. I was skimming, surfing, was able to do enough of skateboarding for 3 people and a respectable amount of art was produced. I have been watching horror movies almost daily and have exausted Red Box and Blockbuster. These are the pics of the week from the last two weeks.

Thanks to Chad and Nikki for having a cool BBQ over the weekend too!

No comments: