Sunday, August 9, 2009

The post trip rehab.



I spent the next few days getting acclimated to living indoors again. I thought I was going to miss my tent but after this weekend, I am glad to be home. I think the 105 heat in Portland is nothing to 90s in Chicago. The humidity is just a cold killer. It is like a vampire that just sucks your energy and a massive weight that holds you down and slaps you.



Juan and Danielle had a BBQ last night that was really great!! It was in honor of her sister coming to visit. It was sooooo good to see all the dudes and ladies again. I missed everybody! I only snapped a couple pics and didn't get everyone. damn.

I got a heck of a lot of work done this week though. I sanded/painted the frames for my most recent work. Also, helping the old man out around the house. There were several things that needed fixing since I got back. I'm always glad to help, as long as he plays nice...



Then the heat hit and I receded to my apartment. I like to joke and say that it is actually Mukluk's place. But I actually spent some good time there these past few days. You see, before the trip I made a resolution. That I would spend less time at the skatepark and more time in my studio. This doesn't mean that I would spend less time skating. I think many of us are feeling this, that there is a considerable amount of "dead time" spent there. Not skating, complaining, laying in the shade, arguing about where to eat or who does a proper laid back roll out.




I got some really really productive studio time this weekend and I am super stoked about that. I have not felt passionate about my art in a long time. There have been little peaks in the past few years with the new work but more valley than not... I have been working out the concept for a long time. Possibly longer than I realize. Hopefully I can keep on this tailwind and get some real paintings out by Winter... Who knows!!




Oh, and I did some new T-shirts before I left. I have a bunch more ideas and have been experimenting a little more. I should start selling them I guess. I gave out like 20 last year. whatever - it's just for fun.



No comments: