Saturday, August 1, 2009

Northwest Day 25,26,27? the road back to Chicago


We skated Hood River again and kinda got over heated. It was like 95 over there only because the park is shrouded in trees. The idea was to chill after that and enjoy the last night in Oregon camping by the Columbia River. Cappetto got bored and decided to do some skateboard stunts, he made a ramp out of old decks and rocks, skated the parking block and then decided to drop in on an old deck off of the picnic table..

We set out for home this morning. I drove 777.4 miles today. Made it from Hood River, OR to Evansten. Um, Wyoming, not IL... So, we have a lot more road to cover. We'll probably do the sane thing and stop over night somewhere in Iowa. But who knows...

The drive is Ok, I should have taken the Norther Route back but we did that on the way out. The original plan was to re-run a few parks in Portland on Saturday and then maybe leave Sunday or Monday and hit up Buhl, ID and Haley ID. We were also going to hit stuff up in Colorado.

The only problem is that the heatwave is still in effect. It was 105 in Irrigon, OR today... Buhl was like 98 and so on. So, we decided just to make the trek home. And after last night, I think it is the good choice. It was soooo hot in the tent, I was sweating the entire night and only cooled down around 4 or 5am. So I got like 2 hrs sleep. I basically slept on the floor of the tent because even laying on the sleeping bag was too much of a heat source.

Things didn't help either when as I was stepping the tent this dufus pulls up in his big Mercedes Safari rig, nearly runs my foot over and says, "get out of my campsite!!!" He was like, I reserved this site with a chair and you guys are on my site... I explained that we were there before noon and nobody was in the campground when we got here. I also told him 4-5 times that there was a chair sitting in the site directly next to us with a chair in it. But he was not listening, only yelling. It too me and Cappetto screaming get the f... out and check the site next to us to get this idiot out of my face... So he drives his 100,000 diesel 10' over and then comes back and apologizes.

I'm like, whatever dude, maybe you should investigate things a little more before you come at people in the middle of the night.... What an ass.

No comments: