Monday, September 29, 2008

Surf!



So the surf was happenin' in Whiting yesterday (Sunday). This was an odd weekend. One crew went on a skate trip and I for whatever reason did not go?? Then there was the possibility of surfing and the other project that is taking up more and more of my time. More on that one later.



So I skated Wilson most of the weekend which was good for a change. It was weird as most of the dudes were out of town but I had fun. I eliminated those summer expectations and just went there to skate. That's it. I seem to do much better when I am just here to have fun and not "work" on stuff. I keep getting closer to my wish list and that is cool. Some things are so far away while others are 99.9% there.

I was going to meet up with the crew in Kokomo on Sunday but there was a slim chance of surf. So I decided to stick around and get some work done in the barn. Waiting for Calabro's call. We had talked about the plan or the general plan several times the day before.


SO what happens? He forgets to call me. The surf was going off in the morning instead of the afternoon. Ugh!! It was 2pm when he finally checked his phone and called me back. He convinced me to come out there "we're gonna be here for another 4 hours!" So as I thought, they were ready to go as soon as I got there.



I was lucky to get a few attempts or runs on Tom's board before it was time to pull the plug. SO I was happy to get out a bit. Just enough for a slight eye infection... The waves were beginning to die anyway so it was over.

Calabro got to try out his new board so he was stoked. I wish I could get a used bannana board or something. It will come. I just don't want to spend big $$ on a board and only get out 5 times a year.

But Surf season is officially in now. They are talking about hitting it up on Tuesday!!

Did I mention that I finally got a camera!! Ugh, after weeks of comparing prices, models, etc. What a pain. I went with the Fuji S700 - $138 plus tax. It is 7 mega pixles and has 10x optical zoom. It is one of those SLR replicas so it is bulky. I think this may be better for me so I will feel like I am holding something that is delicate and breakable. We'll see.

No comments: