Monday, September 8, 2008

Wisconsin run down

I am back again here. School has been pretty busy lately and time is flying by. I just finished Day 1 of week 3 of Fall 2008. I'll be giving my first quiz of the year next week. I feel like I might blink twice and it will be midterm already. I am really feeling it too. The weather hear in Chicago is instant fall. But it is kinda nice to have 60-70 degrees. The rain sucks though. At least Saturday and Sunday were perfect!! Cloudy but not precip and mild weather.

My sister is expecting any minute now so that is pretty exciting!! I am just waiting for the call.

Speaking of that - in addition to my camera and laptop dumping, my phone died as well this weekend. But it was an easy fix. I just went to walmart and picked up one of those $10 pay as you go att phones and stuck my SIM card in and bingo. New phone! I am not into those space phones with the $150 plans and all. As you can guess, I am not to be trusted around electronics. SO, I feel that if I had one of those nice phones, I would break it in half within a week!

Calabro, Owen and I decided to get out of town again for Saturday and Sunday. We chose Wisconsin this time to hit up some Dreamland 'crete. I love Lake Delton and the visit to Westin, WI was a first for me. So I was very excite! A whole crew from Chicago showed up to Lake Delton at the very same time we did. The session was epic but it was really weird. I guess they were thinking the same thing. The other group left after a while to set up camp and we decided to head towards Westin, since it was another 1:45 to get there.

We camped at Rib Mountain State Park which was a whopping 1000ft elevation. A mere foothill when comparing to the landscape out west. But oh well... It was a good time, Calabro decided to sleep under the stars. He also ate an entire cherry filled Kringle. This is a 4" x 18" doughnut!! Ha!

The sesh on Sunday was fun! Westin is also a Dreamland park. I would say it is a similar design to Tigard, OR. However, it is much smaller, probably 1/4 in size. I like the park but I need to work on my ramp skills. The big bowl is essentially an L-shaped half pipe with lots of wedges, hips and bowled corners. It is mostly metal coping with a little bit of concrete coping (poured by that famous oregon coping dude) on one end.

If you skate like Drehobl then you will be into this bowl!!

Alas, no pics again!!! I am buying a freakin' camera tonight - never will I post again without pics.

1 comment:

mc said...

you really need to get a friend who takes photos.